Primary need to Migrate Lotus NSF to Outlook PST is the presence of both the email applications, Lotus Notes and MS Outlook, on your computer system on which migration has to be carried out.
Install Lotus Notes on your System
1. Download the Demo version of Lotus Notes application, which is available absolutely free of cost at the IBM website
2. Go to Start > Programs > Lotus Applications > Lotus Notes
3. If you are running Lotus Notes for the very first time, you will see the Lotus Notes Client Configuration Wizard on your screen
4. Configure Lotus Notes on your system by following instructions coming one after the other on the Wizard Window.
Process of Configuring POP3 Account with Outlook:Almost all the systems that operate in Windows environment come with MS Outlook email client. To configure MS Outlook with POP3 account settings, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. At first, install MS Office on your computer system
2. Now, open and locate Outlook program. For this, go to the Start menu to find Outlook icon. It is possible that you have Outlook menu on your desktop. Click Outlook icon from any of these two locations.
3. Lastly, configure Outlook with POP3 account settings.
Locate NSF Files:By default, Notes NSF files get stored in the location: C:\Program Files\lotus\notes\data
Install and Use Export Notes Tool to Convert NSF to PST:
1. First and foremost step is to install Export Notes software. Go to www.exportnotes.com to get SysTools Export Notes software
2. Download FREE Demo Version of SysTools Export Notes application
3. Run SysTools Export Notes tool on your computer system
4. Browse the NSF file that needs to be converted to PST
5. To scan the NSF database, click the "Start Scan" button
6. Preview Notes database NSF items
7. Select location to save the converted PST file
8. Click the "Export to Outlook" button for Lotus Notes migration
9. Navigate the location selected during the process to open the PST file
10. To convert all your NSF mailbox items to Outlook, purchase Full Licensed Version of SysTools Export Notes tool.